Return to Home Page
How To Get Here
To get here by car.
- WARNING: Traffic on the 5 (and/or the 405) on a Sunday afternoon can be nasty.
serious consideration to taking Metrolink (see below). Yes, we'll pick
you up at the station, and drop you off after the party. Please call us ahead of time.
- Here is a Google Map, ready for you to enter your home address and get a pretty good idea of how long it will take for you to get here.
- Here are some turn-by turn directions:
- Take the I-5 freeway to far-south Orange County, namely, the southern edge of Dana Point.
- Take the Camino de Estrella off-ramp.
- Head toward the coast. You do this by:
- if you're coming from central or north Orange County, turning right onto Camino de Estrella from the off-ramp; or
you're coming from San Diego County, turning left onto Camino
de Estrella from the off-ramp, and going over the freeway.
- When Camino de Estrella dead ends, turn left. Then make (in succession):
- the first possible right;
- the first possible left; and,
- again, the first possible left.
- There we are on the left! Follow the yellow-and-black "M" signs.
- Metrolink actually provides semi-adequate
service on Sunday afternoons.
- Please contact us ahead of time,
so that we can pick you up at the San Clemente station.
- This is no inconvenience for us. The station is only a three-minute drive from our home.
- Note: this is the "San
Clemente" station, and not the "San Clemente Pier" station.
- Metrolink will let you ride all day Sunday for a flat rate of $10!
- From parts north:
- Catch a southbound
- The #662 train leaves LA Union Station at 10:50 AM and arrives at San Clemente at 12:25 PM. Enjoy the beach for a few hours before the party!
- The #664 train leaves LA Union Station at 2:00 PM and arrives at San Clemente at 3:34 PM.
- Each train has many intermediate stops to get on. Check out the timetable (lower right corner of the page, "Saturday - Sunday Outbound").
return you to the San Clemente train station in time to catch the 5:58 PM Metrolink northbound train, #667. It
gets back to Union Station (after stopping at each of the intermediate
stops) at 7:56 PM.
there's some disaster, and you miss the #667 Metrolink northbound – or
if you're just enjoying the party into the evening – we'll take you to
San Juan Capistrano.
- Again, this is little inconvenience for us – maybe a ten-minute drive from our home.
- The northbound Pacific Surfliner #591 (SaSu) stops in San Juan Capistrano at 8:22 PM. Check out page 5 of the timetable for that train.
that the Pacific Surfliner #591 does not stop at every Metrolink stop, but
only at the following four stops: Irvine, Santa Ana, Anaheim, and
Fullerton. It pulls in to LA Union Station at 9:54 PM.
- From parts south:
the northbound Metrolink #858 at Oceanside at 2:51 PM and arrive at San
Clemente at 3:14 PM. Here's the timetable.
return you to the San Clemente train station in time to catch the 6:15 PM Metrolink #666 (Ooo! Evil!) southbound. It
gets back to Oceanside at 6:55 PM. Here's that train's timetable.
- Yes, there are connecting Sprinter trains, at Oceanside, to and from Escondido. Double-check their timetable to be sure that this is still true.
- Yes, there are connecting Coaster trains, at Oceanside, to and from San Diego. Double-check their timetable to be sure that this is still true.
- Still confused? Contact me.