Return to Home Page
How To Get Here
To get here by car.
- WARNING: Traffic on the 5 (and/or the 405) on a Sunday afternoon can be nasty.
serious consideration to taking a Metrolink train (see below). Yes, we'll pick
you up at the station, and drop you off after the party. Please contact us ahead of time.
- Here is a Google Map, ready for you to enter your home address and get a pretty good idea of how long it will take for you to get here.
- Here are some turn-by turn directions:
- Take the I-5 freeway to far-south Orange County, namely, the southern edge of Dana Point.
- Take the Camino de Estrella off-ramp.
- Head toward the coast. You do this by:
- if you're coming from central or north Orange County, turning right onto Camino de Estrella from the off-ramp; or
you're coming from San Diego County, turning left onto Camino
de Estrella from the off-ramp, and going over the freeway.
- When Camino de Estrella dead ends, turn left. Then make (in succession):
- the first possible right;
- the first possible left; and,
- again, the first possible left.
- There we are on the left! Follow the yellow-and-black "M" signs.
- Metrolink actually provides semi-adequate
train service on Sunday afternoons.
- Please contact us ahead of time,
so that we can pick you up at the San Clemente station (there is no Dana Point station).
- This is no inconvenience for us. The station is only a three-minute drive from our home.
- Note: this is the "San
Clemente" station, and not the "San Clemente Pier" station.
- Metrolink will let you ride all day Sunday – both to and from the party – for a flat rate of $10! Note
that this is Metrolink only; Amtrak does not issue an all-day-Sunday
pass, and does not honor the Metrolink-issued pass.
- From parts north:
- Catch a southbound
- The #662 train leaves LA Union Station at 10:50 AM and arrives at San Clemente at 12:25 PM. Enjoy the beach for a few hours before the party!
- The #664 train leaves LA Union Station at 2:00 PM and arrives at San Clemente at 3:34 PM.
- Each train has many intermediate stops to get on. Check out the timetable (lower right corner of the page, "Saturday - Sunday Outbound").
return you to the San Clemente train station in time to catch the 5:58 PM Metrolink northbound train, #667. It
gets back to Union Station (after stopping at each of the intermediate
stops) at 7:56 PM.
there's some disaster, and you miss the #667 Metrolink northbound – or
if you're just enjoying the party into the evening – we'll take you to
San Juan Capistrano.
- Again, this is little inconvenience for us – maybe a ten-minute drive from our home.
- Amtrak's northbound Pacific Surfliner #591 (SaSu) stops in San Juan Capistrano at 8:22 PM. Check out page 5 of the timetable for that train.
that the Pacific Surfliner #591 does not stop at every Metrolink stop, but
only at the following four stops: Irvine, Santa Ana, Anaheim, and
Fullerton. It pulls in to LA Union Station at 9:54 PM.
- Note also that Amtrak is more expensive than Metrolink, and that it does not honor Metrolink's all-Sunday-for-only-$10 pass.
- From parts south:
the northbound Metrolink #858 at Oceanside at 2:51 PM and arrive at San
Clemente at 3:14 PM. Here's the timetable.
return you to the San Clemente train station in time to catch the 6:15 PM Metrolink #666 (Ooo! Evil!) southbound. It
gets back to Oceanside at 6:55 PM. Here's that train's timetable.
- Yes, there are connecting Sprinter trains, at Oceanside, to and from Escondido. Double-check their timetable to be sure that this is still true.
- Yes, there are connecting Coaster trains, at Oceanside, to and from San Diego. Double-check their timetable to be sure that this is still true.
- Still confused? Contact me.