|Return to Home Page|
EmailMy temporary email address (and spam filter) is email@example.com.
is a temporary email address.
- I deliberately let through everything which arrives at this address, even spam. This way, your first message to me will get through.
change this temporary address whenever the spammers discover it. Come
back to this webpage to see what the temporary address currently is.
Usually, I change only the numbers.
you send an email to me at this temporary address, please include
instructions on how I can get through your
spam filter (if you have one) when I respond.
Otherwise, l'll respond to your "Reply-To:" address, from my "real" email address, and hope for the best.
- Yes, my spam filter sometimes overshoots. If you haven't received my e-reply within a reasonable time, then please
try again. Or call me on the phone, or send me a snail mail letter. If
it's just before Third Sunday, then drive to my home and chat with me
over Crumpets and Tea.
many emails need the extra security of encryption or anonymization – but when you
need it, you need it. Click here if needed.
PO BOX 2183
CAPISTRANO BEACH, CA 92624
don't pick up my mail from my box every day. I do pick it up fairly often.
- Yes, you can also send stuff to me via FedEx or UPS.
- You're not limited to US Postal Service "mail".
- If you do send me stuff via FedEx or UPS, please use:
34281 DOHENY PARK RD #2183
CAPISTRANO BEACH, CA 92624
Video CallsI use the Zoom video service.
confirm – perhaps by telephone or email – that I'm at my computer before making a video call to me.
- Zoom accounts:
don't need an account to make video calls to me. Just confirm
that I'm at my computer (with Zoom turned on), and click here. Zoom will:
- download the software (unless you've already downloaded it; and, yes, you have to step through a few dialog boxes); and
- connect you to me.
do need an account to receive a video call from me, but this is easy. Just:
- download the software (yes, you have to step through a few dialog boxes); and
- have a self-selected password (and your email address) ready.
- Conventional video-call accounts are free.
- Yes, Zoom will happily take your money if you want to upgrade your conventional account and get their advanced features – hosting webinars and such like.
- Hey, even if you don't host webinars, maybe your boss does – and would appreciate a referral to a reliable video service.
- Zoom is secure.
- It uses end-to-end encryption.
get to see my live-action smiling face, and to thus confirm that it
really is me who is talking with you, before you start to discuss private matters.
- I get to see your live-action smiling face, too.
- Zoom not only supports secure video-calls, but also allows callers to securely exchange files, such as PDFs and Microsoft Word documents.
Here are some
- WARNING: Give serious consideration to taking a Metrolink train instead of driving. South Orange County traffic can be nasty, even on weekends.
it's fast and easy for me to pick you up at the station as the party's
starting, and to drop you off in time for you to catch your return
train as the party's ending.
- Yes, my
directions give complete details on which trains to take, and from where.
- Metrolink will let you ride all day Sunday for a flat rate of $10!