Return to Home Page
Crumpets and Tea
CANCELED DUE TO COVID. SEE YOU WHEN THE PANDEMIC IS OVER!
What - When - Where - Who - Why - Cell Phone Policy
Crumpets and Tea are served. Join your fellow civilized-human-beings for a civilized-late-afternoon chat.
- The former prohibition of chatting about politics or religion has been revoked.
- The chat must be civilized, of course.
- If you use loud or coarse language, or discuss personalities rather than principles, then you will be taken aside and given a talking-to.
No RSVP; no door charge.
We offer scones as well as crumpets.
Who knew that there were so many scotiaphiles in Southern California?
Aye, me sainted grandmother was, indeed, born in the auld country, in Lasswade, just south of Edinburgh.
Aye, the scones tend to get eaten faster than the crumpets do.
- Indeed, our usual supplier of crumpets has abandoned them in favor of scones. Please contact me if you know of a supplier in South Orange County!
- Bring a friend or two!
We have a grand piano available. We have plenty of tea-appropriate music available or bring some of your own! No disco. No country-western. You get my drift.
- A few of our guests bring goodies (home baked cookies or such). Most do not. Sure we do calories, but mostly we do conversation.
Always on the Third Sunday of the month.
But only during some months. In July, for example, we have a gala celebration of Baja LasVegastan Independence Day instead of a tea party.
Here's the schedule for upcoming months:
- We're dark for the winter. See you in the spring of 2020!
Arrive whenever you like, at or after 3 PM. We'll shut down around 6 PM.
- Your host: HBDM Jim-Bob the Third, the Benevolent Dictator of Baja LasVegastan.
- Your hostess (who does all of the work, and who still likes to play tea party just as much as she did when she was a four-year-old): The Goddess Kristine, who needs no further introduction.
Eliza Doolittle sang it best in Without You in My Fair Lady:
There'll be spring every year without you.
England still will be here without you.
There'll be fruit on the tree, and a shore by the sea.
There'll be crumpets and tea without you.
I can do without you.
Cell phone policy:
- Cell phones are permitted. We ask only that you step away from the party and out onto the front porch before you remove your cell phone from your pocket or purse.